FAQs & Disclaimers
- How do get a criminal charge issued? Can I report a crime directly to the Prosecutor's office?
- I am the victim. Can I drop the charge?
- Can I issue counter-charges against someone?
- How do I get my property back?
- How do I get a copy of a police report? Is it free?
- Where do I get court forms?
- How do I get a copy of a person's criminal record? Is it free?
- Can you tell me if a charge has been issued yet? Can you tell me if an arrest warrant exists?
- Can you tell me a defendant's next court date?
- I was the victim of a violent crime. Will the Prosecuting Attorney pay for my hospital bill and my lost wages, help me collect for pain and suffering, etc?
- The defendant is not paying court-ordered restitution. Who can help me?
- I was cheated by a contractor, shopkeeper or someone else who provides labor or services. Can the Prosecuting Attorney help me?
- I want to work in your office. Do you have job openings? What is the pay scale?
- How can I become an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney?
- I have been subpoenaed to appear as a witness in a criminal case. Can I get witness fees? What if I can't attend on the date stated in the subpoena?
- Is your job risky or dangerous?
- I want a divorce. I also need help getting child support. Can the Prosecutor's office help me?
- I want a restraining order to keep someone away from me. Will the Prosecuting Attorney do this for me?
- Can I talk to Mr. Lloyd? I think he's the person who is working on my case since his name appears on my court documents.
- How do I get a court-appointed attorney?
- I am a defendant and I don't like the attorney who is representing me. Can I talk to Mr. Lloyd or one of the Assistant Prosecutors about my case?
- Why are some cases plea bargained?
- Where is Eaton County?
- What if I have a question which is not answered in your FAQs?
The Eaton County Prosecuting Attorney's website was established to serve the public with information about the role of a Prosecuting Attorney in the Michigan criminal justice system... or, at least our little corner of it in Eaton County. Our pages are not a comprehensive resource for all aspects of Michigan criminal law.
The content of our web pages is based on criminal laws and procedures in the State of Michigan, United States of America (unless noted otherwise). Do not take legal action in reliance on the information posted on our pages. Criminal laws and procedures in other States and countries may differ significantly from Michigan's.
Our web pages provide general information that is intended, but not guaranteed, to be correct, complete and up-to-date. They are not presented as a source of legal advice. You should not rely, for legal advice, on statements or representations made within this website or by any externally referenced Internet sites. If you need legal advice upon which you intend to rely in the course of your legal affairs, consult a competent, independent attorney in your area.
Eaton County and the Eaton County Prosecuting Attorney do not assume any responsibility for actions or non-actions taken by people who have visited this site, and no one shall be entitled to a claim for detrimental reliance on any information provided or expressed.
Disclaimer for Hypertext Links:
Although great effort has been expended to ensure that only the most meaningful online legal resources are linked from these pages, Eaton County and the Eaton County Prosecuting Attorney do not endorse, guarantee or warranty the accuracy, reliability or thoroughness of any referenced information, product, or service. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and do not necessarily state or reflect those of Eaton County or the Eaton County Prosecuting Attorney.
Links either to or from our Web pages do not constitute a referral. The existence of any particular link is simply intended to imply potential interest to the reader.
Authors linked to the Eaton County Prosecuting Attorney's web pages do not necessarily reflect this office's views or policies. Referenced sites have been reviewed to determine appropriate content before the link was created. Any change made to the site's content after we create a link is the author's decision and we do not assume responsibility for any of the information the new site may contain. This office is not responsible for any errors or omissions in pages linked from this site.
The webmaster of this site will gladly remove any link from this site upon request from the linked entity.
Gender-specific references are not intended to limit the statement to gender-specific results. Unless noted otherwise, "he" can readily be substituted for "she," and vice versa. (See MCL 750.10: "The masculine gender includes the feminine gender and neuter genders.")
Disclaimer of Endorsement:
Acknowledgment of any business (e.g, Netscape or Microsoft), commercial product, process or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer on this site does not constitute Eaton County's or the Eaton County Prosecuting Attorney's support, endorsement or recommendation of its products or services.