New for 2020!
Three-year dog licenses will be available beginning in 2020. The three-year license is part of an overall effort in the Eaton County Treasurer’s office to reduce waiting lines and improve dog licensing. One-year licenses will still be available.
Licensing will also switch from a calendar year renewal to a renewal date based on your pet’s rabies vaccination date in 2020. All 2019 licenses will be given amnesty until the rabies vaccination date of the dog in 2020. For example, if a dog was vaccinated in May of 2019, the current 2019 dog license will not expire until May 31, 2020. The purchase of 2020 licenses will not begin until January 1, 2020. There will be no new licenses issued in December 2019. A renewal notice will be mailed to licensed pet owners 30 days prior to their 2020 renewal date. To purchase a three-year license, a valid rabies vaccination must be good for three years. A 2019 license will not become delinquent until the last day of the month in which the rabies vaccination expires.
Eaton County has also established new license rates. The following license fees will become effective January 1, 2020.
Base Fee One-Year License Three-Year License
Female / Male $20 $55
Spayed / Neutered $15 $40
The penalty for a late license is $20 in addition to the base fee.
- The Eaton County Treasurer’s dog license website listed below, 24 hours daily.
- The Eaton county Treasurer’s office at 1045 Independence Blvd. in Charlotte from
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Eaton County Humane Society at 129 N. Main in Olivet.
- By mail (download the license form at www.eatoncountytreasurer.org)
- Town and Country Animal Hospital at 3110 S. Cochran in Charlotte.
- Charlotte Veterinary Hospital at 122 Lansing St. in Charlotte.
- Snow Animal Clinic at 617 Michigan St. in Eaton Rapids.