Veteran Services


Army SealNavyMarine Corps SealNavy SealAir Force SealCoast Gaurd SealNational Gaurd Seal

What is the Veterans Services Program?

Veterans of the U.S. Armed forces are entitles to certain benefits that reflects the pride and gratitude our country has for its veterans.  The Eaton County Veterans Services Office is an advocate for the veterans and their dependents who reside in Eaton County.  We can provide assistance to veterans and their dependents regarding compensation, pension, medical, educational, insurance and death benefits.  We also assist veterans and their dependents in obtaining important documentation needed to apply for benefits.   



Important Things A Veteran Should Know:


There are several documents and other information a veteran and his/her spouse should obtain and keep in a safe place because the documents will be needed when applying for any benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs or the Social Security Administration, including the following:


ü  Original discharge or DD-214. If you have the original, it is recommended you file it on record at the Eaton County Clerk’s Office.


ü  Copy of your marriage license as issued by the county clerk’s office.


ü  Divorce decree for prior marriage for self or current spouse. If a divorce decree is not available, the name of the previous spouse, date of divorce and place where the divorce was granted are needed.


ü  Birth certificates or adoption decrees of children


ü  Social Security numbers for the veteran and current spouse.

Non-Service Connected (NSC) – Pension benefit: must have 90 days of active duty with one (1) day of war time period.


For more information, please contact:

Tom Lewis
Veteran Service Officer
Phone: 517-543-3740
Fax: 517-543-9924





Go to top