The Eaton County Enforcing Agency (Drain Commissioner) is responsible for the enforcement of soil erosion and sedimentation laws within the boundaries of Eaton County, except the City of Lansing. There are also several Authorized Public Agencies in the county responsible for monitoring their own activities. These include Michigan Department of Transportation, Eaton County Road Commission, Eaton County Drain Commissioner, City of Charlotte, Lansing Board of Water and Light and Delta Charter Township.
If you don't find what you need, or if you need additional assistance, please feel free to call us at (517) 543-3886 or fax us at (517) 543-6446.
When paying permit fees, please make checks payable to the "Eaton County Drain Commissioner".
SESC FORMS & APPLICATIONS:
ALL APPLICATION FORMS MUST BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT OR THE APPLICATION MAY BE DELAYED OR DENIED.
SEE SESC SITE PLAN MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
Commercial SESC Permit Application Packet ~ fillable form
Residential SESC Permit Application Packet ~ fillable form
Transer of Permit Form & Homeowner Instructions - Transfer Request Form
Soil Erosion Control Links
Even with the best Soil and Water Polution Prevention Plan (Soil Erosion Control Plan) designers still need to buy products and keep up on the latest technology and be reminded of existing technology. The following links may be helpful, let us know if you find broken links or bad advice.
- Conquest of the Land through 7,000 years A reprint of a report by W. C. Loudermilk, formerly Assistant Chief, Soil Conservation Service. Basicaly a world tour of soil erosion issues, as seen in 1938.
- Price & Company Local Michigan distributor of materials and systems used for site civil improvement, erosion control and surface water quality.
- Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control Provides certification for professionals that are designing soil erosion and sedimentation control plans and SWPPP's.
- International Soil Erosion Control Association
- Soil and Water Conservation Society
- FEMA Issued Flood Maps
- PART 91, SOIL EROSION AND SEDIMENTATION CONTROL OF THE NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT 1994 PA 451, AS AMENDED
- PART 17. RULES: SOIL EROSION AND SEDIMENTATION CONTROL