Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control

The Eaton County Enforcing Agency (Drain Commissioner) is responsible for the enforcement of soil erosion and sedimentation laws within the boundaries of Eaton County, except the City of Lansing. There are also several Authorized Public Agencies in the county responsible for monitoring their own activities. These include the Michigan Department of Transportation, the Eaton County Road Commission, the Eaton County Drain Commissioner, the City of Charlotte, the Lansing Board of Water and Light and Delta Charter Township.


If you don't find what you need, or if you need additional assistance, please feel free to call us at (517) 543-3809 or fax us at (517) 543-6446. 

When paying permit fees, please make checks payable to the "Eaton County Drain Commissioner".

Soil Erosion Control Complaints


2005 Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Ordinance


Information Packets and Applications:

Commercial Builder - Commercial SESC Permit Application

Home Builder - Single Family Home SESC Permit Application




Frequently Asked Questions



Soil Erosion Control Links

  • Even with the best Soil and Water Polution Prevention Plan (Soil Erosion Control Plan) designers still need to buy products and keep up on the latest technology and be reminded of existing technology. The following links may be helpful, let us know if you find broken links or bad advice.






















Go to top