EATON COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE MISSION STATEMENT
“The Eaton County Sheriff’s Office mission is to be the model of law enforcement and public safety excellence by working in partnership with the community and others to fight crime and the fear of crime, to enforce the laws while safeguarding the constitutional rights of all people and to provide quality service to all of our residents and visitors.”
It is essential that all members of our Sheriff’s Office remember that in the execution of their duties they act not for themselves but for the good of the public. They shall perform their service with honestly, courage, discretion and sound judgment while always applying common sense to the difficult decisions we must make.
LEADERSHIP DIRECTION STATEMENT
The Eaton County Sheriff’s Office intends to create and maintain a positive transparent public image that we all expect. We will build and maintain strong relationships with our local government officials, law enforcement agencies and emergency services. The time has come to re-evaluate the priorities, duties and expenditures of our Sheriff’s Office and to make the best use of our human and monetary resources provided by our taxpayers. We will insure that we are providing the very best law enforcement protection to the citizens of our county as growth around us continues to change our needs and concerns.
- INTEGRITY: We are committed to uphold our position of trust by maintaining the highest ethical standards as set forth in the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics.
- COMMUNITY SAFETY: We are committed to public safety through community partnerships, preparedness, crime prevention strategies and steadfast enforcement of violations of the law.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RESPECT: We are committed to prompt, professional and courteous service, unbiased and effective in our response to community concerns. We recognize the value of our unique cultural diversity and treat all people with kindness and dignity.
- QUALITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY: We are committed to the highest standards of excellence through recruitment, training, teamwork, leadership, innovation and accountability. Each member will be responsible for his or her actions, not only to the community we serve, but also to fellow members.
- We value our members and have confidence in their individual initiative and ability to solve problems.
- We believe open, honest and sincere communication is critical to a healthy work environment.
- We take pride in and receive satisfaction from doing our very best.
- We recognize the importance of each team member, and do our utmost to encourage and assist one another to develop as individuals and professionals.
- We acknowledge teamwork as the key to attaining our goals. To efficiently accomplish our crime fighting and public safety goals we consistently work effectively with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies in a cooperative, team oriented manner.
- We recognize our commitment to the community to efficiently manage our resources in a cost effective and fiscally responsible manner.
- FAMILIES: We rely upon the support of our families and friends as we serve in an ever-changing and challenging world. The values we hold dear at home we also strive to share with the community: caring, honesty, fairness, stability and friendship.