- Administration, Accounting & Services
- County Clerk's Office
- Concealed Pistol License (CPL)
Concealed Pistol License (CPL)
To print application: Michigan State Police Website
After submitting your new application (or expired for more than 1 year) you need to be fingerprinted specifically for this application, which then starts the background checks. Many MI Sheriff departments normally do fingerprinting or some private security firms do. Please contact them directly regarding getting fingerprinted.
Fingerprinting is not currently done by the ECSO Delta Township branch or by the Michigan State Police for the purpose of a CPL.
You can get fingerprinted at any digital LIVE-Scan fingerprint location.
Eaton County Sheriff's Office is open now for walk-in appointments. Their hours are from 8:00-11:30 and 1:00-4:30.
Apply for a New Concealed Pistol License
Learn about the application process for a new Concealed Pistol License
Re-Applying for a Concealed Pistol License
If your CPL is expired for more than one year prior to the date you are applying or you have been found to be not qualified for a license previously your application is considered a "re-application" - not a renewal or new application.
Renewal Process for a Concealed Pistol License
If your CPL is due to expire within the next 6 months or is expired for one year or less prior to the date of application, you are eligible to renew.
* *It is the applicant’s responsibility to understand the qualification requirements. To review your background report prior to applying you may purchase it at the State of Michigan’s website.**
Please make sure your course and completion certificate complies with Michigan Law.
For questions regarding Concealed Pistol License (CPL) permits, call our office at 517-543-2494.
For more information visit the State of Michigan Police website.
- Michigan Retired Law Enforcement Officer's Firearm Carry Act (LEOSA)
- Michigan Restoration of Firearm Rights
- Beecham v. United States - Federal Firearm Rights
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Regarding Medical Marijuana (PDF)
- Pistol Registration/Purchase/Transfer FAQs (PDF)
- 2012 Legal Update Regarding Tasers (pdf)
- MSP Legal Updates