Soil Erosion

  • Soil Erosion Permit Information: Commercial Sites and Residential Sites call 517-543-3890
  • Uncontrolled Erosion from a construction site: Call 517-543-3890
  • Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control forms and information

Drain Assessments

  • Special Drain Assessment Information: Call 517-543-3870
  • Drain Assessment Payoff: Call 517-543-3870. Drain Assessments can be assumed by a property buyer.
  • Drain Assessment Payoff Online Form (PDF): Print, complete form and fax to Eaton County Drain Commissioner's Office at 517-543-6446.

Drain Maintenance

  • Flooding or Problem with a County Drain: Call 517-543-3829
  • Illegal Dumping of Trash in a County Drain: Call 517-543-3193
  • Illegal Dumping of Chemicals in a Catchbasin or Drain: Call 517-543-3193 or DEQ Emergency Response Hotline (800-292-4706)

News Articles & Publications

Current information is also posted outside the Drain Commissioner’s Office in the main Courthouse Complex in Charlotte, Michigan.

Additional Information

  • Sanitary Sewer and Residential Connection (Publicly Maintained Sewer Systems): Contact local city, township or village.
  • Private Septic Tank or Drain Field: Contact Barry-Eaton District Health Department at 517-543-2430
  • State Permits (Wetlands, Floodplain, NPDES): Contact MDEQ Environmental Assistance Center (EAC) at 800-662-9278
  • Flood Plain Maps: Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) flood map information is available at FEMA Map Service. Maps may be viewed at the Drain Commissioner’s Office but are unavailable for distribution.
  • Middle Grand River Watershed 319 Planning Grant: Call 517-543-5848, ext. 5 (Eaton Conservation District)