Bail Bond List
As required by Michigan Compiled Laws (MCL) 750.167b, the Circuit Court annually creates an alphabetical list of bail bond agencies and bondsmen authorized to post bonds in Eaton County.
Joining the Approved Bail Bond List
Bail bond agencies wanting to be considered for the Eaton County bail bond list must submit a letter indicating the legal name, address, telephone number and email address for the agency to be included on the bond list. Each application must include the following information.
- A copy of the insurance companies Certificate of Authority from the State of Michigan
- A copy of the state-issued license for each agency
- A listing of agents
- Qualifying Power of Attorney for each agency, indicating Fidelity and Surety coverage of $1,000,000
- A copy of the state-issued license for each agent
- A copy of a valid driver’s license for each agent
- Qualifying Power of Attorney for each agent, indicating Fidelity and Surety coverage of $1,000,000
All applications must be mailed and postmarked by December 15 of each
year to be considered for the bond list the following year.
Mail to: Eaton County Circuit Court
1045 Independence Blvd.
Charlotte, MI 48813
Incomplete applications, illegible documents or late submissions will not be accepted or included on the bond list. Agencies and agents must re-apply each year.
For questions contact: Amy Etzel