DD-214 Military Discharge

After discharge from the military, veterans can place their military discharge (Form DD-214) on file with the County Clerk's Office, in the county in which they reside.

To have your record on file you must bring in your original DD-214, we will copy and return original to you.

Request a certified copy

  • Veterans can received certified copies of their DD-214, free of charge. 
  • Please bring a government issued photo ID to verify your identity.
    • Please note: By law Military Discharges are private records and restricted who can received them. Therefore we require a requestor's identity to be confirmed by government-issued photo ID.
  •  You may request copy in-person or through the mail. 
    • Mail requests - Please provide the full name and year of filing (or approximate year), copy of ID and sign the request. Request form

The National Archives website is: www.archives.gov At this site you can request copies of your original DD-214. Their phone number is: 517-373-3130 or 517-335-1623.

The Veterans Services office in Eaton County is located on the first floor of the Eaton County Courthouse, Community Development Department, 1045 Independence Blvd., Charlotte MI 48813. 517-543-3740.