2020 Resource Recovery Events
ECDRR organizes three annual events per year to accommodate the proper disposal of wastes such as:
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Scrap Tires
These events are open to all Eaton County residence but do require specific event registration for attendance. Registration will be available online or by phone. Events are held annually in May, June, and August. Specific dates for the 2020 year will be announced in January, 2020 and registration will open in February, 2020.
ECDRR is always looking for volunteers to help make these events happen! There are only two restrictions: volunteers must be at least 16 years old and must have a volunteer application form on file (can be filled out the day of the event).
June 20, 2020 9 am - 2 pm **EVENT POSTPONED**
Due to the constantly changing guidelines and executive orders issued by the Governor regarding large scale events and gatherings, Eaton County has decided to postpone the June 20, 2020 Recycling Fever event in Charlotte. This decision was not made lightly and is necessary to ensure the safety of volunteers, ECDRR staff, vendors, and participants. Current public health recommendations and guidelines allow for the August 22, 2020 Recycle-Palooza events to go on as planned.
If you have already registered for the Recycling Fever 2020 event, please be advised that your appointment has been cancelled. The new date for this event has not been determined at this time. Recycle-Palooza and the re-scheduled Recycling Fever event will both be held in Charlotte. PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to attend any of these events you will need to register. Registration for Recycle-Palooza is currently available below.
Registration is available online here: REGISTRATION
1. Events are for private (non-commercial) residents of Eaton county.
2. Registration is required and your participation is important. If cancellation is unavoidable, please provide 48 hours notice.
3. NO refrigerators, freezers, dehumidiﬁers, or air conditioners will be accepted. Please visit our website for disposal options for freon-containing items.
4. $10 suggested donation per tv or monitor.
5. 10 1-gallon cans of paint are free per vehicle. Starting with can 11, it’s a $1 per can charge.
6. Due to public health and safety concerns, YOU MUST REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE for the duration of the event. Workers will retrieve your recyclables for you.
7. For the safety of everyone involved, PLEASE WEAR A MASK when interacting with others at this event.
Other recycling and environment related events that are open to the public are listed here ordered by date. Click each individual event for more information.
**As of 3/12/2020 this event has been postponed until further notice, we will update as information becomes available**
Check out the Regional Recycling Coordinating Committee booth!
April 25, 2020 - event has been postponed until further notice**
Document Destruction Day
Saturday July 18, 2020 Annual free confidential shredding event at Friedland Industries.
7/6/2020 Update: Every Wednesday for the month of July Friedland will have free confidential shredding of paper documents between 8:00am-4:30pm. Read the rules HERE.