Recycling Events & Special Collection Programs
2022 Resource Recovery Collection Events
ECDRR organizes three annual events per year to accommodate the proper disposal of wastes such as:
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Scrap Tires
These events are open to all Eaton County residents but do require specific event registration for attendance. Registration is available online or by phone. Events are held annually in May, June, and August.
**** PLEASE NOTE: 2022 COLLECTION EVENTS ACCEPTED MATERIALS HAVE CHANGED FROM PREVIOUS YEARS. Please refer to the individual event flyer for each individual event to view the specific accepted materials and participation requirements for each collection event. ****
** Paper shredding services will not be available at 2022 collection events. Additional information about alternative paper shredding services are listed at the bottom of this page. *
August 13, 2022 in Charlotte
Registration for this event is required for participation. Registration will be available until the Wednesday prior to the date of the event at 12:00 pm ONLY. The event location is released upon completion of registration. . Events are for private (non-commercial) residents of Eaton County
Event Registration (REQUIRED): REGISTRATION CLOSED
Beginning 8/11/2022: The best way to contact us prior to this event is via email and/or Facebook messenger. Due to off-site event preparation, event management, and high call volumes, department staff's availability to answer and return phone calls will be extremely limited. We are unable to accommodate questions about the event and/or the event location after 12:00 pm on 8/12/2022.
Pre-Registered Individuals (Required for Participation): ** PLEASE SEARCH AND CHECK YOUR EMAIL (INCLUDING YOUR SPAM FOLDER) FOR IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION INCLUDING THE EVENT LOCATION. **
- If you registered for the collection event prior to 5:00 pm on 8/5/2022: the event address was included in the event confirmations. Two different event confirmations were sent to all registered individuals. The first within 3-4 business days of the date you initially registered for the collection event and again on 8/10/2022 at approximately 1:00 pm. Both emails included the event address and were sent from DPenfield@eatoncounty.org.
- If you registered after 5:00 pm on 8/5/2022: the event address was included in an event confirmation to all registered participants. This confirmation was sent on 8/10/2021 at approximately 1:00 pm. This email was sent from DPenfield@eatoncounty.org.
ECDRR is always looking for volunteers to help make events and other recycling programs happen! There are only two restrictions: volunteers must be at least 16 years old and must have a volunteer application form on file (can be filled out the day of the event). Some of the benefits of volunteering for collection events include:
- Helping to reduce the amount of hazardous and/or recyclable waste sent to landfills and combustion facilities.
- Free refreshments (coffee, doughnuts, & fresh fruit in the morning and pizza/sandwiches, chips, soda pop, & more in the afternoon)
- Free disposal of ALL items accepted at the events regardless of residency.
Volunteer registration information is listed under each individual event when they become available. For additional information about volunteering please contact our office.
Alternative Paper Shredding Services
- Local Events:
- Financial Institutions: Sometimes banks and credit unions offer shredding events for customers, check with your financial institution.
- Delta Township District Library/AARP Michigan Shred Truck: https://dtdl.evanced.info/signup/EventDetails?EventId=5903&backTo=Calendar&startDate=2022/08/09
- Office Supply Retailers & Other Retailers:
- Friedland Industries Document Destruction: https://www.friedlandindustries.com/confidential-shredding
- Staples: https://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/noheader/sustainability-center/eco-services/
- UPS Stores: https://www.theupsstore.com/store-services/shredding