Between November 20-27, Sheriff’s Deputies responded to 743 calls for service/events. Higher call volumes occurred in the following areas: Traffic Stops-152, Assist Citizen/Motorist Assist-42, Suspicious Subject/Situation/Vehicle-40, Car/Deer Accidents-38, Property Damage Crashes-33, Alarms-28, Traffic Violations-26, Check Well Beings-21, Shoplifting Complaints-19, Traffic Hazards-16, Personal Injury Crashes-15, Larcenies-12, Domestic Disputes-11, Car in the Ditch-11, Civil Complaints-8, and Property Damage Hit & Run-7.
Shop Safely this Holiday -
The holiday shopping season is here, and this is the perfect time to remind yourself of the following things you can do to ensure your safety and enjoy your Christmas shopping.
Mall shopping safety tips:
- Park in well-lit, well-trafficked areas. Always lock your vehicle.
- Never keep packages or bags in plain view in your vehicle. Instead, keep packages in the trunk of your car or covered by a blanket.
- When possible, use the buddy system while shopping.
- Carry your purse close to your body or a wallet in your front pocket.
Online shopping tips:
- Only shop on websites you know and trust.
- Determine if a website is secure by checking the URL begins with “https,” not just “http.”
- Beware of emails offering cut-rate prices on popular items; if the offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Review your bank and credit card statements frequently to look for fraudulent charges.
Yours in Public Safety,
Sheriff Tom Reich