How do I get an order for custody?

A petition requesting the Court to grant custody of child(ren) must be filed with the Court. If both parents agree and sign an agreement (stipulation and consent agreement), that agreement, if approved by the Court, may be entered as a custody order.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get an order for custody?
2. How do I change an existing order for custody?
3. Do I need to have an attorney to get custody?
4. Is there any way the Court can assist us in reaching an agreement on custody?
5. Are there different kinds of custody?
6. After a petition for custody has been filed, and we cannot reach our own agreement, what does the Friend of the Court have to do?
7. Do I have the right to receive a copy of the Friend of the Court report and recommendation on custody?
8. What will happen if I have an order for custody and the other parent does not return the child to me as stated in the Court order?
9. Does the Friend of the Court have a responsibility to investigate alleged abuse and/or neglect of a child?