How do I split or combine my property?

The Land Division Ace, ACT 288 of 1967, spells out the requirements for dividing land, both platted and unplatted, in the State of Michigan.  Any proposed division must meet the requirements of the Act, and it may also be subject to additional local restrictions.  For this reason, all applications to divide land must be submitted to the local township or city for approval.  Once approved, Property Description will generate a new tax description (an abbreviated form of a legal description for purposes of assessment and taxation) and depict the child parcels on the map.  As a result of its involvement in the land division process, Property Description has accumulated a limited archive of historical surveys, copies of which the public may obtain for a fee.  You can find the Land Division Approval Process forms in our list of documents.

Show All Answers

1. Why did someone from the Equalization Department visit my property?
2. Is Equalization the same as my Assessor?
3. How do I split or combine my property?
4. Will Equalization raise my taxes?
5. Where do I submit my Property Transfer Affidavit, PA 260 Affidavit, or Homestead Exemption Affidavit?
6. What is an Equalization Study?
7. Why was my property chosen for the current Equalization Study?