Fees and Charges Brochure (PDF)
Fitzgerald Park Disc Golf Map & Score Card (PDF)
|Other Link||View the Parks & Recreation Website|
- Half Basketball Court
- Baseball / Softball Diamond
- Cross County Ski Trails
- Disc Golf
- Nature Trails
- Pets Allowed on Six Foot Leash
- Picnic Areas
Migrant Indian tribes led by the famous Chief Okemos called this area "Big Rocks". They came here in early spring to tap the sugar maples. Later, the beauty of the ledges and woods attracted the Grand Ledge Spiritualist Camp Association, which, in 1894, established a summer campground and erected the large pavilion (big red barn), which still stands.
Thousands of spiritualists came here for summer encampments until the turn of the century. In 1919, the property became a public park known as Riverside Park. The park's name was later changed to commemorate Grand Ledge native Governor Frank D. Fitzgerald who died in office in 1939.
The pavilion was refurbished as a summer theater by the Grand Ledge Improvement Association in 1955.
- All park facilities are available on a first come, first serve basis unless previously reserved.
- Reservations for the upcoming year are available starting the first working day in December.
- Reservations are taken for school, civic, youth, and church organizations free of charge, Monday through Friday and prior to 5 p.m.
- Tents and canopies may be set up at all sites.
- Each site contains a large grill that is reserved for that site's use.
- Reservations must be made a minimum of two weeks in advance.
DirectionsI-96 to exit 93-A (M-43/Saginaw Highway West). Travel six miles to Jefferson Street. and turn right. Park entrance is on the left about l/2 mile.
► ▼ Fitzgerald Park Site #1 - Pavilion, non-electricView Subfacility
► ▼ Fitzgerald Park Site #2 - Pavilion, non-electricView Subfacility
► ▼ Fitzgerald Park Site #3 -Picnic Area, electricView Subfacility
► ▼ Fitzgerald Park Site #4 - Picnic Area, electricView Subfacility
► ▼ Fitzgerald Park Site #5 - Pavilion, electricView Subfacility
► ▼ Fitzgerald Park Site #6 - Pavilion, electricView Subfacility
► ▼ Mobile Recreation TrailerView Subfacility