Current Assignment: Circuit Court; Sexual Assault Crimes
- B.A, Oakland University
- J.D, Magna Cum Laude, MSU-Detroit College of Law
- Kelly has been an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Eaton County since 2003. She previously served as an Alpena County Assistant Prosecuting Attorney (2002 to 2003), where she handled district and circuit court cases. Kelly also worked as a law clerk in the 26th Judicial Circuit Court (Alpena County). In February 2018, Kelly received her 15-year Prosecution Service Award from PAAM.
- Adjunct Professor: Kelly has been an adjunct professor at Alpena Community College (2000 to 2003), teaching Business Law, Political Science, Criminal Justice, Interview and Interrogation, Legal Research and Writing, and Real Property Law.
- She has served as an officer in the Alpena County Bar Association and the Eaton County Bar Association, including vice-president and president. Kelly serves on the Board of Directors for the Siren Shelter. She is the executive director of the Eaton County Child Abuse Prevention Council. She is a past chair of the Eaton County Domestic and Sexual Violence Coordinating Committee.
- Kelly has served on faculty for Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES), training law enforcement on enhanced domestic investigations. She has also presented for PAAM's sexual assault training on the rape shield act. Kelly has conducted training for local organizations and businesses on domestic violence in the work place.
- Kelly presents legal update training annually to Eaton County law enforcement agencies.